Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Suicides, guns, killings, sudden deaths and coping

These are the things and thoughts that fill my mind half of the day today. To be able to come home with these thoughts in my head are not easy. Neither for myself nor my housemates. And I resort to Willy Wonka hot chocolate and hot shower. Now before bed, here are my thoughts.

More than the stories I have to hear during classes and tutorials just now, it was Oprah's stories that came to my mind more profoundly right now.

A mother lost his 16 yr old son in a house fire while he was going downstairs trying to wake his stepbrother.

A crippled 13 yr old boy in an automatic wheelchair with support system all around him since he was 3, touched a young surgeon's life and gave him the strength to wake up each morning to work.

A viewer bought Oprah's shoes in an auction and wore them everytime she needs courage to stand on her own and now she is able to stand in her own shoes.

Where do these people get their strength and will are amazing. How one touch another's life is world peace that we're all talking about. Thank god for Oprah, our networking are moving and enables us to touch and move others in better directions.

World peace may not be possible, but this we can.

On a much more personal note, my father is my idol, is my hero. May God bless him with joy every second of his life because only He knows how much he needs and deserves it.

No comments: