Saturday, September 02, 2006

Surprise

Here’s how it goes.

It was the eve of my birthday. Adil wanted me to accompany him to the MASCA meeting which according to him, there’s something important he wants to ask the committee members. I didn’t wanna go since I know NO ONE there and didn’t wanna create something unpleasant especially when I’ve never attended one before. However, Meen agreed to follow us so that’s fine. Plus, there’s free bbq =)

So here we were. Taking pictures of our shoes :p

Then we went to the bazaar which only started this week and will be on every Saturday from now on. We bought Cold Rock and walked around aimlessly. Meen wanted to develop pictures and I followed her to find what and where the cheapest rate to get them done. Then we spent a few hours in the mobile phone shop where she wanted to budget herself to a new phone. Adil left us there and asked us to wait for him in Rundle. Haz wants to meet up with him for a while. The night before, Meen said they’re having problems. So Meen and I went to Borders and check out some books available. We went through some little party creations for a BBQ party I intend to organize next Saturday with Meen to celebrate our birthdays (hers on Sept 7th).

I wanted to treat us all to a bday dinner tonight so we can get together and enjoy before 12am (just like we did last year, it was fun). When I asked, they didn’t seem too keen on the idea. So I just let it go. Maybe I’ll make my famous black forest cheesecake tomorrow and have a small celebration. Then we’ll party next Saturday with BBQ. That was all in my mind.

On our way home, somehow I got this crazy idea of renting a car. Car rentals here only give cheaper rental rates to people 25 years and above. So since I’ve no other plans on my bday and the following week, neither does Meen, I decided to rent a car in celebration of the 25 and we go on a road trip to Melbourne!! It all sounded so exciting. Just the two of us. I couldn’t stop talking about it the whole way back home.

Little did I know.

The rest of them were all at home planning and preparing a surprise bday bash for me.

And I thought nothing will happen on my bday this year. It is just about to begin.

Now the rest is a beautiful, memorable birthday bash history.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, good for you.

Good for you, Fudge.

salamz...
-jamal-

Miza said...

Thanks jamal =)