Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Yay!!

Now let me just clarify first that although I've lived here for few years, all I've heard was Magill being the "rich people" area up to the hills. Not the eastern suburb. Up til Mamat mentioned it, and seeing the houses in front and surrounding areas of our new place. I did not choose the property, it chose us. Really!
Also, when Burnside Village does not happen to sell Myers, David Jones or Target merchandises. With Villeroy and Boch, Bracegirdles, Seed, Portmans, Sydney Street in Burnside Village. I reckon I would not have to step foot at Rundle Mall anymore. There's also Burnside Market with Angelakis seafood outlet, Pasta Deli, Coles, Bakers Delight, Gourmet food, cheeses and such, fruits and vegetables, Lenards, the Tea cafe and massive arrays of cafes. Not to mention the essential post office, banks and cinema. All less than 5 minutes walk from our door.

So yes, my NY resolution to do less shopping is not going easy for me. I'm pretty certain I've burnt a hole into darling fiance's pocket.

After multiple visits to various shopping outlets for home deco, we're almost done and will soon be planning a house-warming party. We still need a bit more touch-ups here and there especially for the spacious courtyard. So far, I am loving the place, the neighbourhood and people around us. We've got people coming in on Friday to install the phone line and waiting for Neil to get back to me about the oven. Then, we'll be set.

Tick-tock tick-tock it's already February.
I'll update more when the internet has set-up.
Right now, I've to buy some flour to make red bean paus for Ruitin's Chinese New Year party tomorrow.

We have a new love.
I'll post it soon!

No comments: