Monday, April 07, 2008

Daylight Savings


Yesterday actually. We roamed around our neighbourhood wondering why these people open their shops late only to realize we've got our watches ahead of time hehe

That's what we had on our 14th-month.


See how lazy she is. It was a Sunday. Sunday is lazy day.








That's the first mud crab I caught. I wonder where the picture of the actual crab is..








And so these were what I made yesterday on a lazy Sunday. Chicken and tarragon pie which I altered the recipe much to my liking. It calls for leeks but we went to Coles everyday since Thursday and twice on Saturday! It was a spur of the moment decision to make this pie and I didn't feel like going to the supermarket so think as I might what to substitute, found a huge spring onion lying around in the fridge, some leftover parsley from the hse-warming bbq, mushrooms and corn! The recipe calls for BBQ chicken but I charred some fillets instead. And the result of cutting the pie while it was warm, led to eating a very creamy pie. Boo was so hungry! Well because I altered the recipe as such, I should have upped the tarragon. But I'm happy the filling was creamy and delicious!

Before making the pie, I've marinated some chicken fillets to smoke them. Yep, tea-smoked chicken. And that's how it turned out to be! It really tasted good and different. Worth all the preparing and work. It was supposed to be eaten with some dipping sauce but I couldn't be bothered to boil some so we just had them like so. It was so yummy even without! Great with salads or warm rice.

Today's menu:
Screwpine leaves chicken (Ayam goreng pandan-lah) and Lemon Olive oil cake/cuppies!

But for now, off to work!

No comments: