Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Buttery Baking Series

As promised, here are the photos of my Shortbread Cookies. I'm too lazy to write up another entry to this blog, so I've quoted the entry I wrote on my baby blog here.
Haa.. When the temperature shoots up, and nothing much to do indoors, I start to scamper around the kitchen searching for a reason to bake and cook!

There's the
roti jala and curry series - which didn't make the mark to snap photos of - and a pound cake! In all honesty, I was looking for my long bought pistachios to make the long overdue pistachio souffles. Couldn't find them anywhere! Til my cake was rising in the oven, I found those pistachios hiding on the side of our shelf. Ugh geram nya! Anyway, here's the absolutely rich, dense, moist pound cake. Easy ingredients. It's too hot to bother going out and buy anything.


The batter -
luscious texture


Ready to go into the oven!


Very pleased. Dense and moist.
The top has a thin crust to it and oh so lovely. Notice those little black dots in the cake? That's from the vanilla bean paste we bought when the family was around. Thought of doing some baking while they're here but not a chance! Mama conquers the kitchen with her yummy-licious cooking!

And these were made the night before. Shortbread Cookies!
Again, easy ingredients and dreamy.


Before baking.


Into the cookie jar! Quick!


YUM!


Ahh.. the joy of baking =)
Very satisfying.

No comments: