Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Welcoming Summer 2009

The heat is on!
A scorching 41 degrees today and I don't like it.

With such weather, no one's allowed to go out today. Not even Koda. I've prepared some frozen ice water in bottles in the freezer and cut watermelons in the fridge to cool off during the day. Thought of making something that I can chuck into the oven but hubs mentioned beef curry so it's roti jala time! Mama brought a roti jala cone from home and has yet to try them on.

Yesterday he mentioned there's no cookies in the house. He googled and found a simple shortbread cookies recipe and I followed it. It's ever-easy, not too sweet and makes 20-30 cookies. Melts in the mouth, takes less than a quarter of the day to prepare and bake. Easy-peasy. Perfect for this preggie lady. Trick is - best quality butter you can ever find and vanilla beans. YUM! I've pictures and will share soon.

This blog has been neglected for a long while. With a baby coming along, I've decided to focus my attention on him/her. And write down as many thoughts, physical changes and note every detail I can for the baby blog. 25 weeks into the pregnancy world and already the discomfort settles in. While many ladies out there talks about morning sickness, I'd have to say that's the least experience I had to encounter. My biggest concern was my backpains. Horrible. If I were to fall preggie once again, remind me to be prepared of the backpains. Then again, each pregnancies are different. We'll just wait and see.

Well, off to making some yummy roti jala and beef curry!

No comments: