Friday, August 11, 2006

My Rights


I have the right to be responsible for my own life,
To accept and respect myself and others,
To feel happy, satisfied and allow inner peace,
To take care of my whole being - my body, my mind, my spirit.

I have the right to be imperfect,
To be aware of and fulfill my own needs,
To have dreams, goals and ideals - and to make them happen,
To have and express all my emotions.

I have the right to tell others how I want to be treated,
To allow people to help without feeling guilty, unworthy or dependent,
To get what I pay for,
To have a healthy, life enhancing relationships where communication is valued.

I have the right to make conscious decisions to change relationships,
To change, emerge and expand in new directions,
To have my own beliefs, ideas, values without apology to anyone,
To live in the present moment, free of guilt in the past and worry for the future.

I have the right to relax, let go, to 'do' nothing.

Ruth Sharon, Colorado.

No comments: