Friday, August 01, 2008

Dark Night

Few weeks ago as we were comfortably snuggling on our sofa watching TV after dinner as usual, at approximately 11 or 12 midnight, came a faint crying sound outside. Perfectly like a cat's mew. We immediately exchanged looks and obviously the first two times I heard them, I assured hubby that it's Sylvia, the fat cat. Along came the third time, I gripped his arm and said, b it's help! Someone's screaming help! Over a miniscule second of the fourth and fifth cry, I changed my mind again. Then it came louder. And definitely help! We rushed through the front door and peered overlook our balcony, a woman was running, screaming please somebody help me, chasing a tall unknown male screaming back to her in an Asian dialect (Korean I thought, then again, could be Cantonese?) while he disappeared around the corner. Neighbours along the streets had came out their front doors and hubby dearie (without a jacket and short khaki pants) had long rushed into the bitter cold winter night and chasing after her. So does a few male neighbours alongside. Wrapped in a thin sofa blanket, I waited on the balcony till he re-appears (risau jugak lah!) with others, I overheard few neighbouring women on the streets along the lines of 'I've called the police.. they're on their way.. what happened?' No one knew. There was a police car further up the corner of the street and the woman screaming help was talking to him.

Just as we thought the neighbourhood was safe enough. Sure was an eerie night tho. I supposed the way the screamed help was so frequent, making her sound (honestly!) like Sylvia.

Oh he's up now.

No comments: