Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Lamb Shanks and Blintzes

After quite some time having no-rice asian based cooking, I just realized perhaps darling hubby would prefer to have a more Msian style food. He is Kelantanese, anyway (where people eat rice for b'fast, lunch n dinner). Not that he had complained about it. He eats everything I make every time. Sometimes even requests some ideas. The few days we were at my parent's before we leave the country, Mama dearie would often asks what he likes to eat and assures me that he is a more rice-traditional food type of person, tengok muka pun mama tau! No, he's not a fussy eater nor a hate-vegetables type. Except pumpkin and tempeh. Loathes them. Other than that, he eats all types of cuisines. So yesterday I cooked rice and made sambal terung. Bought 2 huge eggplants (and seriously, they are huge in comparison to the long pencil type we are used to back in Msia) and used one of them to make the sambal, and also the ever so simple ayam kicap. Two most simple dishes and he sat at the table for quite some time there. Even requests those leftovers for his lunchbox to work today. Oh dear.. selfish selfish me..

On the contrary, here's some pics from last week. Spiced Lamb Shanks and a bed of mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes.


Blintzes with fresh blueberry sauce.


I'm not going to tell you about my mission until I've accomplished it. But I sure am looking forward to this weekend!

No comments: