Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mia's Vocab Works

Our Lil Bugaroo is 19 months and 23 days. In a week's time she will be turning the golden 20 month-old.

Vocabulary
Appa/Papa/Pa
papa (my dad; she could say this at 14 mo)
Abam
abg (my younger bro; also at 14mo)
Mama
mama (my mom)
Wan
mama (my mom or her Wan Ma)
Didd-dy
daddy
Mimmy
mommy (only according to her daddy, I've never witnessed it and I've a stinking feeling she won't say this in front of me =)
Te-ku
thank you (usually when she returns things to you, not the other way round)
Cat/Auw (initially but it's almost completely being replaced by "Cat" now)
perfect pronouciation yay!!
Auw
also refers to any type of animals
Eyow
hello
Paii-Bai
byebye
Bib-bikk!
the maid (it's so funny when she calls her this)
May-en!
Min (the maid)
Ba-Na
banana
Ee-yai Ee-yai Ow
the chorus part from the classic "Old Macdonalds has a farm.."
Bee-bee
referring to any "little people" from little babies to under 5 yr olds

That's about it, I guess. Hope I've not missed out anything. Most times she uses body and sign languages to communicate. But she understands almost everything we tell her. For example, just couple weeks ago I was heading out the door and lil Ms Social-Butterfly here can never see anyone leaving the house without her! So I told her, "baby, go get your shoes on the stairs". She looked at me first, and I repeated myself one more time. And off she went! Mind you, I couldn't point out where the stairs nor shoes were because it is at the corner of the house. Nervously waiting if she's succeed, it felt like AGES!!! 2 seconds late she came back running with her pair of shoes in hand! I could not be more proud of her! It really made me feel like a zillion dollar mommy for the rest of the day =) =)

She also knows how to nod now. Daddy had to teach her how to nod. Apparently she doesn't know how to do it properly so now we're practicing yes=nod, no=shake. She used to shake her head for both yes and no. Which is quite funny and extremely adorable!

These past couple of days she seemed to laugh a lot. She'd giggle in the car and laugh histerically when we're at the mall. She's turning into a very happy baby and nothing makes us happier than that =)

We love you Mia Dahlia
xx

No comments: