Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Pillar of Strength

I am back from a short meeting.
I don't know where to put my words or thoughts to so I found my way here.

My immediate awesome boss is resigning. He'll be leaving end of this month.
Quite frankly I feel angry more than sad and sudden loss. I am angry at myself even more. I need to stop and think for a minute.

There were a few times where jobs were offered to me and I had not accepted them. Partly, is because of him. I like his style, the way he works, how he treats us etc etc. It is very.. westernized. I suppose. Or at least it is the way I believe it should be. Open, honest, purposeful and trustworthy. No dramas, no nitty-gritty details, doubtful and taking into consideration of everything.. or everyone. And I like that style I think not many managers in this country operated the same way.

You see, I am very much an independent worker by myself. I know my goals, purpose, what I have to do, what not to do and how to go about things. I am a boss of my own. Hence the way I work accommodates me. I am perfect working independently. So I very much prefer not to have another person micro-managing me, looking over my shoulders, pushing or pressuring me into some task. I work at my own pace and get the job done.

So you can pretty much understand my frustrations when he said he's resigning. It sure bothers and more over hurt. I was inspired and into thinking he might want to or will be moving up forward. And I am working at his pace so he can or will be able to bring me up with him. Unfortunately, he's leaving.

Now, I am just sad :( sigh..

No comments: