Friday, May 06, 2011

Elevator Morning Horror!

This just happened this morning.
Without realizing, the elevator door opened and lil Mia went right in. I was busy doing last minute packing, she was out the door with Daddy but Daddy left her out of his sight for a minute to check on me. Next thing we knew the elevator had went down one level below us. He took the other elevator down while I yelled at him that the elevator she took had stopped and lingered at level 7. So he went to level seven. I waited in front of the elevator that she went into for it to come back up again.

To my speck of relief, it did.

I could hear her screaming and crying from below. When I stepped into the elevator, a young lad came out of it, on the phone. He looked at me for a split second and I said hi before I went straight in. He seemed to be looking for something (or someone?).

I didn't have the time to find out, my toddler might be missing. So I pressed 7th floor and held my breath when the door opened. There was a father with her daughter around 4-5 years old. He was in a conversation with someone, smiling and laughing. I peeked out and there was my hubby and beautiful baby in his arms. She was in tears and when she saw me, she wailed again.

The father and daughter (they mustn't be local, though dark features, they don't look like from India, and they've perfect English with an accent) went in the elevator with us, I thanked him profusely. He said same thing had happened to his daughter once too but luckily she can talk. Lil Mia only know few words and telling people where she came from was NOT one of them!

Apparently the saint-like father had asked her (Mia) did she come from the 12th floor but she couldn't answer him because she was crying so much and she doesn't understand him. Remember the young lad looking like he was looking for something I bumped into before entering the elevator? Well turned out he was looking for ME! Unfortunately he just doesn't know me that well and he wasn't sure either.

So that's how our morning went. Tonight we're leaving for Singapore for another adventure. And after being on MC for two days (flu bug) am back to work today! And what a way to start!

Anyway, last weekend we were in Pahang for a cousin's engagement ceremony. It went well though our lil one ended in Pantai Medical on Tuesday for wheezing (early stage of asthma) and allergy reaction. She's recovering so well today and hopefully both our illness shall not interfere with our Singapore get-away :):)

No comments: