Monday, May 23, 2011

Vocab Alert!

Yesterday darling hubs hubs was in the kitchen telling me some story when our lil bugaroo joined in. Since I was cooking in the kitchen, I hate to have the lil one around so I shoo-ed them both out. My beloved man teased by making faces at me and to my horror, the lil one followed through! She actually made faces at me with body gestures and all. We both burst out laughing so hard! The cutest little thing! :)

I've been hearing lots of words from lil Mia. At one point she came to me with a half-eaten chicken nugget and said "Mommy, akshfaileurhfaieuhrg", passed me the chicken nugget and left me confused but accepted the "gift" anyway. So let's see if I can recall words that she knows now at 25 months.

Mommy, Daddy, Abam (Abg), Papa, Aki, Wan, Aichu, Aicik, Bibik, Wam-ma (Wan Ma), HeeHur HiVy (Teacher Ivy), TeeTur Hon (Teacher Jon), all her friend's names in her age group at school (6 of em), Kakak, bye-bye, hee yu hoon (see you soon), kish (kiss), ugg (hug), milk, mimmie mou (mickey mouse), ball, dog, cat, ei-yephant (elephant), heewaffh (giraffe), bird, hah-hur fye (butterfly), bwed (bread), burbur band (rubber band), hor her yes (strawberries), and-go (mango), ananaa (banana), egg, ah-paii (sampai), ek (work), cow, star, moon, hi hwim (ice cream), poo-poo, shuz (shoes), apple, owange (orange), cake, hi-hur min (vitamin), pwish (please), nak, utim (puting), kain, baby, mia, oyoyo (pocoyo), yes, nyo (no), sayang, juice, eat, amm-more (want more), cereal, cookies, rice, book, eyes, nose, mouth, balloon, bear, sweepin time (sleeping time), nite-nite.

Okay that's all I can recall. That's around 50+ words. Well done, kiddo.
Of course she repeats certain words from hearing Mommy and Daddy. One time her Daddy mentioned about going to this favourite 'mamak-style' hangout of ours and teasingly calling it "Uncle Boobies" instead. Low and behold, a tiny voice echoed from the backseat "unc-er bubish". Oh dear..

No comments: