Friday, June 20, 2008

3 wks and 6 days

That's how long I'm married to a wonderful man. Holding this next and new role in my life is certainly so much different. From being someone's fiance to a wife is a switch nothing to what I had imagined. I thought I was prepared, for sure. Just like I heard from every other females embarking the journey. But it's not til the night papa gave me away that I felt it all. It's all a rush of emotions. Everything is, that night. Nothing has prepared me for that night. No words, no amount of encouragements nor any advises I get prepares me for it. And I bet nothing would have.

Our daily life has changed tremendously, of course. Meeting people, introductions, lovely wishes and gifts. Interactions are certainly not the same. People start looking at an adult, leading your own life instead of trying to direct it to theirs. They are still full with endless advises, support and encouragements but in a different way now. Ways perhaps only a newly married couple would be able to understand. We always feel loved especially around our family, and this time it sure feels a lot extra. More over with an additional member to the family. *spread the love, spread the love*

We have turned into people with great responsibilities. With that word, unconsciously, comes confidence, willingness and hope. It all shows in our body languages with other people. We seem to notice that with one another. And I must say, I am outmost proud of my man. I didn't see it coming but it came at the most perfect timing. And so I begin to understand more of him. It's true they say. Every day, every step, every stage, every phase, we learn something more about the other. That's why we are never ready to get married. We can never be 100% sure especially nearing the day. There are only a certain amount of trust and belief that we must've hold onto at some point in our r'ship, to make it happen. Yeah, couple years before we're married, I can say I'm sure this is the one for me. I can bravely say I'm ready. Come few months before the wedding day, then all doubts and uncertainty sets in. All the 'IFs' starts filling my mind tremendously. Generally, reality sets in. If there are any hardships engaged couples had to go through, I'd say for us is this. Couple months before the wedding. That's where I struggled hard and asked for strength. Alhamdulillah, everything went beautifully and fine. Heart and health was all I asked for, remember? And those were just exactly what I get.

Was online with Suc last night. A new year, a new beginning. Need to send photos to her soon.

Am getting headaches often nowdays. I think today's due to sleeping without a pillow last night. Slept on dear hubby's arm instead hehe.. This morning on the way to work we came across this boy drinking his chocolate drink and made me wanting for one. Geez am almost turning into a slob! So we went down to ... and came across some free tasting cheeses and bread. YUM! I don't remember the name of the cheese now but we gotta find that cheese! YAY!

No comments: