Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Attempt to Sleep-in

I was loving my night's sleep since darling hubby was up the whole night writing his thesis while the rather comfortable me conquers the whole bed to herself! Yes of course my heart goes all out to darling hubby up all night working away, and yes I do miss that hubby-warmth and soundly snores! But I've to admit, I enjoyed last night's sleep.

Now as much as I was enjoying it, I thought I'd sleep un-disturbed when at 5am in the morning, a 3 kgs bundle of dense furball jumped on the bed and made herway straight onto my tummy. Gets herself comfortable and slumped herself half on my belly and the pillow next to me. I thought to myself half sleepily, fine. Sleep. Few minutes later, she starts purring ever so loudly! Somewhere between 5.30am to 6am I stirred in my sleep and she's gone. Only to jump back on few minutes later so I cried out to darling hubby and he peered through the door. I turned to my side thinking to myself she might not want to get on me this time! But she came around and slumped on the pillow I was hugging onto instead! Third time round, it's already 7am. She let out a mew and I stroked her saying, "you're not gonna let me sleep, are you?" and she purred. I called out for hubby and asked him what she wants, is her bowl full or the back door open for potty. He filled her bowl and she followed him. So I hit the sack at a final attempt of having few more seconds to myself.

Just under 2 minutes, she's back on the bed nudging both my hands for a stroke/rub. So I let her sleep and stroked her. As soon as the purring stopped, I made a silent attempt to leave the bed and make breakfast. And guess what, she wakes up! Walks around the house and playing! Goodness!!

I made berries pancakes for two and end up eating mine all by myself. Darling hubby's too engrossed in his work to eat. I think he's motor's running and he'd rather not stop or else it's hard to get started again. So I let him be.

Then my next attempt to just be in bed catch up on some light readings didn't go undisturbed either. Koda jumped and joined me. She's either curled up next to me or on my belly while I finish reading. She's one of a character there. One bloody of a character!

Come mid-noon I went to the kitchen only to find there's still breakfast for him on the table, untouched. So I dress up and decided it's time for some air. Soothingly coaxed darling hubby to join me for coffee and take some time off his work. He's been working more than 12 hours straight. Managed to get some coffee and sandwiches for lunch then straight home. Guess what, instead of continuing his work, he went straight to bed! Poor thing. And Koda? She's happily playing outside.

I think she just enjoys harrassing me in bed.

It's her new thing.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Miss BumbleBee said...

seriously, when you starts writing and ideas keep pouring in..you just cant stop the momentum...

all the best to mr. khairul.

Miza said...

yep
been there done that, eh babe

;)