Thursday, October 16, 2008

Maggi

I know. I know. September as usual is a month of celebration. A bonus when it's Ramadhan. I've pictures but I don't feel like uploading now.

Picked up a couple packets of Maggi (curry flavour) noodles last weekend at the market. Koda this morning while waiting (rather impatiently) for her bowl to be filled, managed to raid the shelve and one of them fell. So try as I might, unsuccessfully, to wake up darling hubby (okay Koda and I both tried) for breakfast. I've had chicken sausages, potatoes, veges and scrambled eggs in mind. It's almost 11.30 and he's still sound asleep. In his defense, he was up all night writing his thesis. Fine. My gaze went to the packet of noodles lying on the kitchen floor. Now that's something I've not had for a very long time. Suddenly those nostalgic memories of boarding school life hits me. It's time for some curry Maggi noodles 'kosong'. No egg, no veges, nothing.

Gosh the smell. I remember. The bitter. The sweet.

Koda wasn't very active last night. We both think the drugs has wore off and the pain is starting to set in for her. She'd tempt to play if you play with her but most of the time she sleeps or just lie down. Poor girl. She's still not allowed to play outdoors. Though this morning I woke up to her purr and numbness in my left arm where she comfortably snooze off.

Raya went out fine. We set off to Sydney for a small getaway sometime before Raya. We went crabbing once with Hamdi. That reminds him to ask when he wants to pick up his kitten.

Off meeting Steve to pick up something very, very important. For now, my noodles are getting cold.

No comments: