Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Shopaholic!

When they released their first 2 books few years back in MPH bookstore (M'sia), I used my own allowance and bought them both. Not that I was eye-ing for them. Incidently, I was waiting for my soon-to-be hubby then, for a casual date and found the catchy book cover in Kinokuniya (KLCC). Thought I'd do some light reading to let time pass by. And indeed it was!

The very first few things about her writings was that she made me laugh. Now, I believe only my darling husband knows it's not easy to make me laugh (whole heartedly and intentionally, that is) when I'm alone watching TV or read books. I hardly laugh watching cartoons or comedies unless there are people around just to please them and show I'm having a good time. A people-pleaser, really.

Anyway, I bought the first few books then the next few when they're released and brought them all to where-ever I move. Then when I was back to MPH for holidays a year or two back, I bought the continuous books and the latest, Shopaholic and Baby. Somehow lost in the midst of starting a new life, I completely forgot about the book and had abandoned it. Today I've finished reading it and looking forward to getting her latest, Remember Me?

Little did I know there's a movie release on her first book Confessions of a Shopaholic! Played by Isla Fisher and will be out in 2009. Now, no, I'm not going to wait til the make a movie out of her new book. I'm determined to read it first then rattle on about how the movie was nothing like my imaginary characters in my mind when I read the book! Of course my imaginary characters are better.

Honestly.

No comments: