Monday, December 25, 2006

A Sucker

Mai and her family are coming for lunch today and I made nasi ayam to welcome them. Meen bought the ingredients as I'm totally broke that I could eat sand right now (honestly!). So while waiting for them to arrive, we watch Christmas by Candlelight on telly. It was a repeat from last night and I just realized how much I've missed Xmas songs.

Anyway, as I was amazed by the ever gorgeous beauty Delta Goodrem I couldn't wait to hear Jessica Mauboy singing "All I want for Christmas is you". Can't help thinking of the story "Love Actually" and according to Meen, she does look like the girl in the movie while singing the number.

When High 5 came out to perform, one of them played a guitar and I couldn't help getting that flicker of emotion in my tummy and warm juices in my heart. Yes, people. Among all singers and performers in the world, High 5 reminded me of how much a sucker I am with guys playing guitars! Sigh.....

Last night he called as usual and we talked. Casually, as I told him I feel fat and ugly, he asked, what is my biggest fear. For a split second there, I've no clue whatsoever answer to that. There is no one thing that I fear of right now but losing him. He rationalized my emotions of being fat and ugly to worrying too much about 'the Day', which is absolutely true, baby. I worry of uncertainties.

Don't we all, I wonder.

No comments: