Thursday, March 29, 2007

Noela

Everyone Renae and I came across with warned about the live session with Noela. We were warned to be prepared of nasty remarks as she can be 'bitchy' (personally never worked with a nasty supervisor, especially one under my line of study). After tonight's session, I felt allright. She wasn't that bad (or perhaps I had expected worst). Honestly, I've liked her since we first met and after the session, I still like her the same. She was direct, honest, blunt and made one of our collegue cry but nevertheless at some stage of our development, this is just what we need. At least that's what I think. We've been going around too much by the book with numerous models and countless approaches, trying to fit in those into our sessions that we sometimes forget about connecting the head to the heart. When that's what we're there for. And that's what this is all about, really.

Being vulnerable to our patients and to ourselves.
Like she once said, "it's a miracle and grace what patients bring behind your door, carrying their story, because you'll never know what or how it'll affect you".

No comments: