Thursday, March 01, 2007

Fruits of my labour..

Last Friday Haz rented a car to move out her things from her old hse to the new one. We hitched a ride to .. and bought some kitchen wares, rug, and some other bedroom decorative items while they all did the same. On our way back, Haz suggested stopping by Bunnings and get some kitchen herbs to grow ourselves. She and Adil bought a variety range of herbs while we bought chilli, basil and cherry tomatoes (my essentials). The first flower on my chilli plant has emerged and bloomed. Today there were more small little pods coming out from it. Soon I am hoping to start seeing the fruit! But my tomatoes (which have started popping approximately 4-5 of them when we bought it) doesn't seem to be growing much. It's still green! He said it's too early to say anything about them. Oh well..!

The good news is.. we had pasta for dinner tonight with a sauce I got from Recipe and used basil from our own kitchen garden. It was absolutely delicious! The leaves were so fresh it left its fragrant on my fingers for hours.

Class tonight.

No comments: