Friday, March 16, 2007

Plants updates

So basically I woke up this morning as usual, freshen up and went upstairs to check on my plants. Oh btw, I've decided to take absolute responsibility on Haz's plants as well (Greek oregano, Pink rosemary, coriander and thyme). After seeing her coriander turned limp and dry the other day, I told her and Adil that I can take care of them. It's just a pity to see such good herbs lay dry and unhealthy next to my swaying-leaves chilli plant and colourful tomatoes and shiny basil. Ok I am boasting but I don't care because they are in good condition! Plus, they are my first gardening plant (besides the one football-sized wild watermelon that grew in my front yard when I was 10 and after picking it, the gardener accidently mowed everything off) so I've every right to be excited over my chillies, tomatoes and basil.

Ok back to my story. I think her oregano would be at least 55% dead I'd say. I watered them hoping they will start blooming again but nothing happened. So this morning I've decided to throw away the dried leaves at the bottom of the plant (I know you must be thinking, hell, you can still use the dried herbs but I wasn't looking to using them, I want to grow them and besides, we've got heaps of dried oregano from the shops still in our pantry) and start fresh. I'm to water the coriander daily, there are some leaves turned dry and fall off due to the limp the other day but that's okay because most of them are saved and are growing beautifully.

So one of my 11 tomatoes now has turned yellow-ish red!! But the bad news is that one of the bloomed flowers on the chilli plant has died and fell off this morning. There were 3 flowers blooming the other day and all three has died and supposedly bear chillies but one of them fell off this morning. That's just sad.

I'm going to checkout what tips and trade I can get on the plants and update again soon!

No comments: