Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Returned Deed

More like 'rejected', I'd say.

Made another attempt at donating blood again. Haemoglobin count was still too low. And all I get; a bruised arm and a sore fingertip. Very very disappointing. Maybe I'll give the GP a visit once the results comes through. But, the good side of it, I got 2 Cascade Ultra-C Blackcurrant juice, crackers and cheese with a warm muffin. And I got him to donate as well which he'd manage to complete the session in 10 mins and successfully made himself dizzy. The freaky thing today was when the nurse poked my arm and nothing came through! As usual, all my veins just hid themselves but we managed to find a very thin one which she poked and had to adjust the needle back and forth before my blood gushes not only through the tube but everywhere on the table. Yep, she certainly did made a mess.

Finally I've found the secret to yummy-licious black pepper roast chicken! I tried this creamy sauce with vegetables found in one of the Recipe mag I've been buying religiously and it turned out allright but a bit bland. Will try again some other time. And I realized that I hate people cooking in the kitchen when I'm cooking. Absolutely hate it. I'd rather stop cooking and let the person finish his/her cooking before continuing with mine. Don't get my wrong, I do like people socializing and communicating or helping in the kitchen but not when they're cooking. Especially when we're both cooking different meals. So "cooking together" is not my friendly group activity. But let's put washing dishes as an exception =)

Ready, Steady, Cook today taught me that kumara is not a fruit. It's sweet potato! Geez Miza, you're such a disappointment.

A chat with Kak Ida brought me back to those years where I've no idea how to boil water! Finally I got to inform her of our 'status' and she sighed wondering if I am already capable of making coffee! Kak Ida, chatting with you never fails to make me laugh. Her husband named their second baby as well as the first.

Oh and update on my plants. Basil are producing more and more leaves happily since last I picked them. There are 10 cherry tomatoes now and one chilli on it's way! I know I ought to take pictures of 'em.

No comments: