Wednesday, May 23, 2007

All in One

So it's been a while. Nice to see you here.

As obvious, I was going full-on with things around me that I've not update my blog for a while. Let's see.. since last was the melon pan incident, man I can't even recall when that was and what had happened to the melon pan. Aida was around that night with her new hair-do. And that was early in the month!

Haywire.
I love chinese food. My mother, a Malay from Kelantan and my father, a Malay from Pahang but looks very chinese. In fact, most of his 13 siblings look chinese. If I remember correctly, arwah Tok (my father's stepmother) has a very kind, gentle chinese look. I don't know my real grandmother from Papa's side. She passed away when they were all young. Arwah Tokki (Papa's father) took care of all his 13 children til they are all big and independent before re-marrying. Very admirable.

I'm not sure where my preference to chinese food comes from. My taste bud must've gone mad somewhere through life experiences. Maybe I'm adopted? Nah, thought and researched on that one in primary school years. I am not adopted. Then I remember my mother's mom. Never met her. But according to Mama, she loves chinese food. She loves cooking too.

I have spoken too early.
Adil, Haz, him and I did catering service for JPA students on Monday night. It was tiring and I swore not to do this again while we were waiting for our transport. An hour later I changed my mind. Once seeing how the food goes and feedback given, the satisfaction is incredible. It's almost the same feeling felt after organizing Makcha's wedding reception. I couldn't care how much profit I get at this point of time. It was satisfying.

We went buying things on Friday night and preparing from then on. I'd have to say, if catering is fully my responsibility and in my hands from the beginning, I would have been more dedicated to it. Oh no, don't get me wrong. Everything is a success. Perhaps I was relying and expecting a bit more to it. He puts it well, if I were to do this again, I'll give this experience one more look and prepare myself further. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Mikey's dinner.
Sunday morning we woke up and he had this sudden craving for sweet indulgence. So we headed for Pancake House. Russion Blitz, I shall never look at pancakes the same way again. In the midst of enjoying our brunch, the phone went off singing an SMS notification. So I read, it said, "Hey Miza, how you going? Any chance you're in Adelaide? Doing anything this evening?" Mind you, I haven't seen Mike since last year after our gathering/clubbing night out before me leaving to Swiss and have certainly deleted his number from my cell (sorry mikey..) hence for the next few minutes I riddled with him who would've SMS with that note.

We gave the Botanics a visit and he made me promise to have brunch in the botanics one day and oh yes, a picnic there as well. We will, baby.. someday we will. After that long walk, we headed to Lemongrass for dinner with Mikey and the gang then back home to prepare our catering food.

Couns Session Block 2
I've certainly have a lighter case patient this time. Now hang on, I don't mean to say weight issue is light but my patient certainly is not in crisis/trauma/suicidal. Hence, the case is not as intense and research can be put to a minimal (since I've handled one before). Nevertheless, each case is not the same.

Noela once again blew my mind with her skills and knowledge. If I spend another 3 hours with her, I swore I would have no skeletons in my closet anymore. I will make sure to remember her for as long I live.

Noela Maletz is a counsellor in private practice. She sees mainly adult clients, often works with couples and occasionally works with adolescents and parents. Noela works with a client
centered approach using the 3 phase model and has completed training in
Psychosynthesis. Noela has been counselling for 17 years and has been
teaching in the couselling post graduate program at the university for 4
years.

Noela has been a registered secondary teacher for over 30 years
(teaching English, Painting, Creative Writing) and has worked in a broad
range of setting, teaching at secondary, adult and tertiary levels. She currrently teaches Critical Thinking and Communication in the School of Electrical Engineering at Adelaide University, at
undergraduate and post graduate levels.

She surely is a true inspiration as my supervisor. Not to forget Thomas (or shall I say Dr. Thomas now) last year when I was still struggling analytically and getting words out. One day when I become a psychiatrist/psychologist/counsellor (insyallah), I will count on these people to reflect on my days of learning. They are in my book in this journey to becoming "somebody".

Speaking of reflection, a good friend whom has successfully completed medical school very recently wrote about people and intelligence. We are in the bubble of belief that med students are the top most brilliant intelligent students in the world but in fact they are not. To his belief, that is. Those top achievers in medicine do well not because they have the intellingence of rocket scientists, but because they are hardworking and read a lot. Medicine does not require great intelligence in comparison to engineering, mathematicians and physicians.

I believe so too.

People
Once again recently I've come across people with lots of drama in their life. I find that a lot in Malays especially, and in general. I wonder if this is a creation to spice up their lives or a cover up to heighten their self-esteem (to feel superior). I wonder if people really reflect on themselves and look at what they have achieved instead of what they don't have. I wonder what they are actually thinking. Perhaps they just have too much time in their hands that they're not sure how to make full use of them. Well, personally, I've too much on my plate with my patients. Maybe next time.

I ran away from it all. And here I'm not going to go back to those people again.

Gardening/Baking/Cooking
This is my therapeutic stress-relief. Our 5kg bread flour has probably around 2 cups left and we're totally out of yeast. Last night as requested, was Scottish Butteries. I love it. He doesn't. She does. I don't know about the other.

There's one flower on my chilli plant. New foliage are growing on the tomato plant and basil looks great. Garden is fine.

Future Plans
Saving up for a trip.
Study better.
Spend more valuable time with him.
Call home.

2 more weeks before Block 2 is due, full-on 8-5pm practicals a week later, weekend pracs the following week, and research papers both due end of the month. Hell, June's not the time I'm looking forward to.

No comments: