Saturday, May 05, 2007

Melon Pan frustration

The bread is in the oven now actually. Somehow everything is going against me (baking-wise). Well let me say that the bread dough would have been my fault. The original recipe calls for 180 bread flour and 20 cake flour. Since I've no cake flour, I made it them all with bread flour. Recipe also calls for mixing the yolks together with the yeast mixture and let it rest til bubbly but somehow it just doesn't seem to want to bubble!! It's SO bloody annoying. I'm not sure where I went wrong but the dough just doesn't rise. No matter how long I proof it, it just stayed there. Idiot. Then making the cookie dough, I've mistakenly put in a whole egg instead of 30g of it. This one I really can't blame anyone but myself. Slowly the confidence is decreasing and almost to the giving-up mode. Sigh.

Bought a thyme plant today. Learnt my lesson. Buy the one that actually has grown a bit so I can access to it easily. Better get back to my melon pan.

No comments: