Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Weapons

Geez it's such HUGE relief to finally know it's not due on 11th. Just got the word few seconds ago and now I'm blogging instead of going absolutely mental with my research and client report.

I wonder what happen to those people I knew back when I was young. Those smart-head, all perfect, big shot people in school where every teacher adores and friends admire for their intelligence, hard-working and shining results. Then I found some of them. Actually, one of them to be exact. She seemed to be doing all right.

Or so I thought.

I thought she would have gone off being "someone", somewhere. And perhaps turn out to be very successful with a great job. Honestly, I do. Mind you, this person had called me "stupid" right in my face once, and actually meaning it. "Lembu pun lagi pandai". I remember. Deeply. I also remember thinking, at that time, that someday when we're adults, I would like to see where she lands on. With admiration, not resentment. And now I got my answer.

Our path crossed some time ago. Few years back when I saw her and we spoke. Asking how things are and turned out to be. She's still with the guy that to her, I was the reason they met and feel in love (funny). No, not married. That was the only time we met/communicate. Ashamed? I don't know. Busy? I'd like to think so.

Now our path crossed again but in a different way. Her sister is so big now. No indication she's with that guy anymore. I wonder if she remembers the things we did together. She's running away again, I can tell. A nice person we all agree. But very sad.

I do care.
We share the same star sign. I went to her house once and we played make up/dress up together. I don't want to remember anymore the bad things we did to each other. I wonder if she needs help. I wonder if she wants to talk to someone. She seems to be on the edge, waiting to fall down.

I was angry for a while, I know. Making me think that my future is not worth knowing. I am not the brightest kid in school. Nor was I the one with excellent performance. There's NO WAY I'd be like them. They'd probably turn out to be doctors, lawyers, engineers. Get into universities and live to be rich, successful people. How wrong was I? Talk about false hope. Sighh..

But I still do mean about wishing her well. And for her to open up and be true to herself. I wish she will wake up and get back on track again. Potential, heaps. It shone brightly long time ago. I wish she'll get that back again someday.

I wish her a lot of things. Only good things.

No comments: