Friday, June 01, 2007

English Muffins.. mmm


We bought another 5kgs of bread flour the other day. Yes, people. I have successfully finished our first 5 kilos in almost 2 months time. With those I had made various "pau"s, pita bread, red beans filled doughnuts (twice!), focaccia bread, herb and feta pull-apart, fougasse, plain white loaf sandwich bread (also twice), melon pan, brioches, scottish butteries, cheese buns, herb buns, potato bread, burger buns, cinnamon buns, and nutty scrolls (for pictures of my humble baking outcomes, please refer to my fotopages, thank you :)) That's a lot of baking for almost 2 months though I haven't been able to take pictures of them all (they seem to be disappearing very quickly from the kitchen bench!)

Tonight my beloved fiance is working on drafting his proposal and intends to stay up til 4am and since everyone's asleep (i think adil n haz are still awake but they won't be 'invading' the kitchen at this ungodly hour) so I happily venture my way to the kitchen and try my hands on making English Muffins! Remember those yummy breakfast McMuffins with egg and sausage inside available at McDonalds only til 11am? I used to hate the fact it's only available for mornings. It's hard when you're not a morning person as I am those days. And am loving those muffins!

I've been intending to make them for quite some time. Oh and I forgot to mention, I still haven't opened our new bread flour. I used leftovers from the last just enough to make six of them. We can add this one to the list above.

While waiting for my muffins to prove, I thought I'd blog for a bit. When kneading, a thought came through. I'm beginning to notice the people I cannot stand be with. Strange enough, but they seem to be the ones whom happen to hurt my friends, more than annoying me. First case, an acquaintance (shall i now say), got on my nerves for quite a bit for an extended period of time. I still managed a smile or grin when she came around (it sure doesn't help moving in together) and laugh a bit here and there with her (though there are people noticing how hard it was for me to keep on pretending). Sad, when we were really close for a while; before I get to know her a bit more than I would want to. Until I saw what she does, said mostly about my friends that got me realizing, I wouldn't want to know her at all. I thought I'd write her name up here since there's absolutely below zero percent possibility she'd be reading my blog but I won't take any chances. Would be incredibly stupid of me.

Like my English Muffins..? =)
Cut them in half, top them with sausage and egg with a bit of chilli sauce, and there you have a fresh, simple homemade McMuffin!

Second case, this girl I knew back in high school. Well we were not in school together but to cut long story short, we became good friends till she got all weird and jealous (i wouldn't say of what, it's irrelevant but i'm sure you can figure out) that she started making extreme remarks about them. As if that's not enough, she'd start doing things that I would categorize as 'shameful'. Third case, was my ex-bf long ago in early high school years. Later I realize he is an excellent manipulator. Fourth case, well.. you get the drift.
All in all, I can honestly say that I am person with high tolerance to people's behaviour (well, that explains my line of work then, eh). I can handle confrontation and frankly, I quite like confrontation. Contrary to most people I know, I think with confrontation gives me and the other a chance and space to express how/what they think/feel, and for me to deliver what I think/feel. Then leaving the issue behind. I respect your decision, and I'd do what you wish, but also, I expect you to respect mine. I know from experience, when I'm unhappy with people, I can bombard and vent out about the issue once to someone (i believe you would know who usually gets this, that's why i love him so much.. kidding!) or to the person I have issue with. Once again, I feel it's a waste of my time and energy to be bothered about it again. Which I believe is good especially when it reduces chances of me bitching/talking bad about them to others. Not saying I never bitch, I am no saint nor am I perfect and you know that well.
i miss jules. we used to talk about these things. exploring the "who" we are. she is a rare species. she can read my mind like a diary. i wonder if she knows this.
It's starting to rain again and I'm done with my muffins. Excellent time to snuggle under the covers. I've enough thoughts for the day. My brain's slowly shutting down. G'nite people or shall I say, g'morning.

1 comment:

Miss BumbleBee said...

my oh my, you r really into baking stuffs and yup a talented one.


enjoy cooking. enjoy ur weekend okie.

hugs.