Saturday, October 20, 2007

9th month

Now I remember what we did on our 8-month anniversary. We went Mapo!

Today I tried making kedgeree with fresh fish stock for brunch. We were supposed to go to the floral exhibition park but it is darn hot hot hot today. Instead, we'll go out for dinner as we usually do.

I asked before we got engaged if we will be able to go out clubbing after we get married. His answer is yes. And still is. Since we got engaged, I can count with my fingers the times we went. I'm not entirely sure how it got from then to now. Perhaps I grew out of it. Or it's him filling up my time with better things to do. So few days ago after a long while, a number of friends and us went out but instead of hanging out til late, we headed home not long after the crowd started filling in the club. I guess it's no longer a thing for us. It no longer seem exciting to us anymore. Our activities doesn't seem to surround what's hip to do among our friends or of what's the talk of the town about. Our interest shifted to activities that can be enjoyed together or what we both like to do. Hanging out with friends till wee hours in the morning slowly became something of 'been there, done that', nothing to be impressed about or a 'want-to-do' anymore. Sure we love hanging out with good friends for few hours in the day or at night but there will always be a night-cap just for the two of us alone, enjoying each other's company.

So perhaps this is what lifetime companion is about. Without notice, he becomes my best friend. No longer just a person whom I rely on or be relied of. No more just someone anticipating expectations of, or responsibilities to. No longer just the person who is there and will be there through my ups and down. No longer just my other shadow or just my better half. He is also the person I share my boredom hours, my night and day. So we hear people saying they cannot stand being together or of each other's company for more than 4 days, they need to get away from each other for a bit. I hope that doesn't happen to us, b. I hope I will always miss and wish you're here with me whenever we're apart. I hope you will always have that big smile on your face like when you feel so glad to see me, like the one you always have whenever you see me everyday after you return from work. I wondered myself long ago, what would it be like 30 (i once spontaneously asked if he'd live with me for the next 30 years, he said, make it 50 =) to 50 years from now if I'm still alive, will I be able to enjoy spending time and lazy days with him. Would we be able to enjoy each other's company together.

I hope we will.
I sure hope so too.

Happy 9-months Anniversary, b.

No comments: