Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Go Crazy with Creativity

Thanks to my beloved, years back (yes, when he was flirtatious and working his charm =) and I was young and couldn't care less), he handed me his comic collections of Neil Gaiman (which he bought and collected religiously, while living in the UK) and one of them I remember reading over and over again is today's new movie, Stardust. Of course at the time I used a lot of my imagination with the help of those little comic illustrations, but it was really good. Almost to nothing compared to the movie is today. Watching it, I thought to myself, I prefer my own imagination. So I vow (like I had always done) not to watch movies I've read before anymore. But I can't help making comparisons. Like how I compared Disneyworld to Euro Disney and Europa Park when I was a kid (and got into a huge kiddie argument with my cousin, Shareena who lived there at the time). Floriade in Amsterdam to Sydney's. Maybe that's why I'm not so much of a movie buff. It spoils my imagination.

On the way home we talked about work. He said work will never be enjoyable, because it is work. It's exciting the beginning few months, then it becomes a routine. I've always thought with 8 working hours 5 times a week, most of my life would be about and of work. So if I don't enjoy work, then I won't enjoy life. Bill Grainger said, "I'm not a person who if work was boring or anything was not working, I would just keep on doing it." Brought me to thinking, it doesn't have to be boring. Or anything. It's just opportunities. If you think about it, then it becomes something.

We had a late night snack at The Coffee Club. John Torode made a point. It's next to shame of what's coming up from Britain and Europe. Pretty much the same menu wherever you go here. But I've only been to few places in Australia. Not my place to judge. As far I'm concerned, Adelaide's pretty much same ol same.

Guess what. The Hairy Biker's Ride Again cookbook came up as one of the top ten! Oh dear. At the meantime, what I enjoy most is cooking. How long it'll last, I don't know. Maybe it'll wear off at some time, maybe it won't. All I know, right now, I'm enjoying it for what it is. Lufee asked why I haven't been baking lately. To be honest, I'm pretty disgusted to bake/cook. I'd rather dine out. The ants are coming up to the kitchen bench and stove now. They said, it's summer coming. Summer came and left when we first arrived here and no ants crawled everywhere. I think because of all the leftover food left on the tables and counter, and not wiping the counter after each use. When I used to bake earlier, I wipe the kitchen bench every time. First the ants came up to the table in front of the tv, where food and dishes were left there for days sometimes, and now it's coming up to the kitchen and stove. We've stopped cleaning up after them. I'm starting to feel we're being taken for granted. And I absolutely, absolutely hate that feeling. Garbage hasn't been thrown out for a week now. We've done our 2-weeks agreement. We're done. I've taken my flour and baking goodies into the cabinet again. We had an agreement, but I guess we're not keeping to it. I'm sick of making excuses to him. I'm sorry baby, I didn't know when I asked you to move in with them, you signed up a contract living with filth. I really didn't know.

*i do hate this feeling. absolutely hate this feeling*

No comments: