Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fly Away with Me

So it's that time of the year again. Once again, this ending of the year and opening of the new year I'd be flying off here and there. Luckily it wouldn't be as much as the last. There'd be few new places and long-timed faces to meet. And the best part is, instead of travelling single like most of the years, I'll have company this year. We even have a small holiday together. I call it our 'pre-honeymoon'. Like an engagement honeymoon. That sounds nice. So if I didn't get a honeymoon after the wedding (we've yet to decide about this), I wouldn't be disappointed =)

*thank you, b*

I've been doing some shopping-frenzy lately. So many things to buy, so much to do. Now that we've confirmed our plans, there are a list of things to do before our pre-honeymoon. It's a good thing we've a date. Now I can calculate how much longer I have to put up with a dirty kitchen, and when to get out of here. Thinking about it, it's not too bad actually. Not much longer. Still, I can't wait! =) Oh Syar and I share the same ideas about dishes. We hate them so when we cook, we either wash them up straight away after use or we use as little pots and pans we can. That's why we don't mind doing our own dishes. But not others. And we can't stand leftover food and dirty dishes lying around. Feels good venting out to you, Syar. A good lending ear. Thank you.

The deep sour apple pie turned out to be good. But it still isn't the kind of pie I was looking for. Aunty Bedah taught us to make murtabak from spring rolls sheets. I'm not so sure how ours will turn out, though. My handphone's still crazy. Maybe it's a sign to get a new one, eh b. I said, just maybe =)

Over the weekend I tried on a Thai pumpkin curry. Poor thing my baby doesn't like pumpkin so I put in other seafood and mushrooms. It was good, eh. Then sometime before that I made kedgeree with salmon. I still haven't tried pulut kuning. Makcha called the other day asking how mine went, and when I told her I haven't tried yet, she went ballistic. I've heard her like that so many times before that it sounds like music to my ears now. It's pretty funny too. And I love her when she does that. It makes her more motherly to me. This year I realize that I'm missing her much more than before. I talk about her more, I call her more often. And I can't wait for us to spend time with her, b. She amuses me everytime.

1 comment:

Miss BumbleBee said...

happy travelling...

enjoy ya!