Monday, October 08, 2007

Companion

We so take people we love for granted. Just look at how we treat our parents. I think we can never fully repay them for what they have sacrificed and given us. Hence in this entry today, I'm gonna list down reasons why I love him so when I feel down or lonely, this will give me a good kick of reminder how lucky I am to have him. Thank you God for giving me this man to share the rest of my life with as a companion. My lifetime companion.

Top 27 reasons why I love him
1. I really have to thank God for giving me a man that is clean and cleans. I am such a messy person (have I mentioned how much I loathe doing dishes?), I embarass the nation. Once I told Adrian this and he goes, 'what nation? M'sia?' hehe.
2. There is never a thing as 'mine' or 'yours' in his vocabulary. It is and always have been 'ours'. And that, includes finances. *lucky, lucky me* =)
3. Oh and like papa, he splurges on me. He really can. But I sometimes have to beg him to let me buy him stuff . *weird, eh?*
4. Unlike me, he takes much longer to warm up and trust people. At times, (and with the kinda work I do) I think it is because I am easier, he gets cautious and takes longer. Sometimes waaaaaaayy too long, with certain people.
5. He is responsible and takes responsibility. Y'know the kind that's like, 'I used it, I wash it. I did it, I'm responsible for it.'
6. He makes hearty, rich chicken soup with love (as he calls it) when I get bad cramps. Only those who lives and have lived with me know how bad my cramps are everytime, on the first day.
7. Just like papa, he spoils me rotten sometimes.
8. He has no idea how smart he is. At times, really, I have to thank God! =)
9. I'm not sure if he got it from me, but we sure do have this love and curiousity for cooking.
10. We both love travelling. I do not know how I'd live with someone without.
11. He has absolutely no idea how much I love him =)
12. We both regard education at the highest of importance. Again, just like papa.
13. He stays home with me when I get bad cramps. Sometimes I think he likes spoiling me. But who's complaining? *wink wink*
14. He puts up with all my PMS crap. Exactly! I've no idea how he does it, either!
15. We've been together for more than 5 years. He knows me since I was rebellious, immature and oh such a bratty little girl. He knows all my dark, whacky, cuckoo side. And still loves me the same, if not more.
16. He has only, really, made me cry once. And that's not even something he did or can help it.
17. When we fight and I apologise first (which is something I rarely do, are you kidding? with my huge ego?) he would always say he's sorry too. Even when it's really, crystal clear, my fault. As if he can't stand it if I say I'm sorry by myself.
18. It only takes 2 seconds after we argue for us to laugh and make fun of the argument.
19. He has 1001 facial expressions that only I know of.
20. After years of learning psychology, he only took me 2 minutes to understand how powerful the mind is. If you want drama in your life, go ahead, you have the power to create or go without it. With the family, friends, and kind of work I do, trust me, I don't need any more dramas. They colour my world as it is, enough.
21. He reads my mind like a diary. It's so true sometimes it scares me.
22. Just to see a glimpse of him makes me smile. Everytime.
23. He pulls me back down to the ground everytime I get too high in the sky.
24. He plans and creates, sensibly.
25. He plays guitar beautifully. my heart will go on.......
26. He never fails to make me laugh and melts my heart. what can i say..? =)
27. He looks at me everyday - that way.

This list just comes off the top of my head, hence the odd number 27. I can go on, of course, but I think this is enough to make me remember.

Today, just like every day on my bad-cramp day, he stayed home from work and made me his chicken soup. Eventhough he's fasting today. You see how lucky I am? I must've done something good in my life to deserve all this. I must have. This is all the guilt, talking.

I have a feeling that this may be how it feels like during contractions. Only a hell lot worse. To all mommies out there (and that includes my beloved mama), if this is a minuscule to what you experience, just for today, only today, at this minuscule pain, I adore your strength, love, courage and pain.

Owwww.. it hurts..

No comments: