Monday, October 15, 2007

Signs

So she called late at night,
asking "why can't I be alone, why it doesn't feel right"
and I said, hush now beloved friend,
because we are human, we need each other til the end.

She said he had a dream last nigt. About her getting married to someone else and he ended up cheating on her with her colleague. So she worry herself sick if that dream's a sign for them.

That's the thing with signs.
I believe signs to be God's way telling us things.
I also believe signs are incidental.
Sometimes I follow them. Sometimes I don't.
Other times I don't notice them, other times I leave them be.
Often I find myself picking them up, then I putting them back down again.
I don't live my life ruled entirely by them.
I don't take everything as a sign and live according to them.
Because I also believe that that would drive me insane.

Let me get hurt sometimes,
and crash to the ground,
cry a little, and die just a little.
To make me grateful for the little I have,
and cherish the small I encounter.
Make me treasure the pleasure,
and endure the pain.

However..
that's how I live my life to be.
Also because simplicity is a desirable word for me.

No comments: